Medical Tourism involves cost effective private medical care in collaboration with the tourism industry. Medical Tourism involves vacationing, leisure & relaxation along with world class medical treatment & wellness programs at fraction of the cost.
Medical tourism is quickly becoming one of the world's fastest growing industries—growing approximately 30% a year. Healthcare analysts are currently forecasting it to become a 4 billion dollar indroad. This rapidly growing medical tourism industry has been the focus of many recent in-depth reports, including an article in Time Magazine, CNN, AARP and 60-Minutes.
Some of the factors that have led to the rapid rise in the popularity of Medical Tourism are as follows:
• Exorbitant cost of healthcare facilities in developed countries.
• Long waiting periods.
• Lack of advanced medical facilities in underdeveloped & some developing countries,e.g. Middle East, Africa, Bangladesh, Nepal, Afghanistan, etc.
• Easy & affordable international travel are like dreams in these developed countries.
• Many countries having vast English-speaking population & easy foreign exchange facilities due to globalization.
Some of the evident advantages for Medical Tourism in countries like India:
1. World class standards of medical care at 5-10 times less cost as compared to developed countries
2. There is no waiting time for the International patients as India is known for “Atithi Devo Bhava”
3. Cost effective vacationing at breathtaking locales